* A federal appeals court overturned the death sentence of Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev on Friday
* Tsarnaev’s lawyers had argued that intense media coverage had made it impossible to have a fair trial in Boston
* They also pointed to social media posts from two jurors suggesting they harbored strong opinions even before the 2015 trial started
* The April 15, 2013, attack killed three people and injured more than 260 others
* His brother, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, was killed in a gun battle with police days after the two brothers detonated the two pressure cooker bombs
Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev has had his death sentence overturned by a federal appeals court after his lawyers successfully argued some jurors had already decided he was guilty before his trial had even started.
The three-judge panel of the 1st US Circuit Court of Appeals in Boston issued the decision on Friday more than six months after arguments were heard in the case.
Read more ….
WNU Editor: I would use harsher language …. Boston Marathon bomber ruling is ‘ridiculous’, says survivor who lost leg in attack (NYPost)
Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev’s death sentence overturned by appeals court — Reuters
Boston Marathon bomber’s death sentence overturned by appeals court — The Guardian/AP
Federal appeals court vacates Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev’s death sentence — FOX News
Boston Marathon bombing: Dzhokhar Tsarnaev’s death sentence overturned — BBC
Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev wins appeal against death penalty — ABC News Online
US court overturns death penalty of Boston Marathon bomber — Al Jazeera
Death sentence for Boston marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev overturned by US Appeals Court — RT