Daily Mail: ‘You need an army to defeat an army’: President Trump wages WAR on Mexican drug cartels to ‘wipeout monsters’ after three American Mormon mothers and six of their children are EXECUTED and their bodies left in burned out SUVs
* At least nine U.S. citizens, including six children, who live in the Mexican border state of Sonora were killed in a shooting attack Monday
* Rhonita Maria LeBaron, died along with her 6-month-old twins and her two other children, aged 10 and 12
* Christina Langford Johnson, Dawna Langford and two of Dawna’s children, aged 11 and three, were also killed
* The victims belong to the LeBaron family – a breakaway Mormon community that settled in the hills of northern Mexico decades ago
* At the time of the attack, 17 of the family members were traveling in three cars from the settlement
* There are reports some of the family members, who were dual U.S.-Mexico citizens, were heading to celebrate a wedding anniversary
* According to relatives, drug cartel gunman opened fire and torched vehicles as the victims burned to death
* One child tried to run away but was gunned down while others escaped and hid on the nearby roadside
President Donald Trump has waged a war on Mexican drug cartels after three American mothers and six children from a Mormon community based in northern Mexico were massacred by cartel gunmen.
The victims, who belonged to the LeBaron family, were ambushed about eight miles apart in the Mexican border state of Sonora on Monday.
At the time of the attack, 17 of the family members were traveling in three cars from La Mora – a breakaway settlement founded decades ago in northern Mexico as part an offshoot of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.
There are reports some of the family members, who were dual U.S.-Mexico citizens, were heading to celebrate a wedding anniversary.
Read more ….
Update #1: The Latest: Trump offers Mexico aid against drug cartels (AP)
Update #2: Gunmen kill Mormon family members in north Mexico (Reuters)
WNU Editor: Mexico’s president Andrés Manuel López Obrador is trying to make peace with the drug cartels by not enforcing the rule of law. Can someone please tell him that there are some people that can never be reasoned with …. Mexico’s president under pressure over ‘hugs not bullets’ cartel policy (The Guardian).