Daily Mail: Twitter flags Donald Trump’s ‘when the looting starts the shooting starts’ threat for ‘inciting violence’ AGAIN after he repeats it on White House account amid furious attacks at platform for ‘targeting’ him
* President Trump lashed out at Twitter Friday morning for covering up his tweet with a warning label saying that it was ‘glorifying violence’
* ‘They have targeted Republicans, Conservatives & the President of the United States,’ the president complained
* At 1 a.m. Friday, Trump responded to the Minneapolis riots that broke out after the death of George Floyd, a black man, at the hands of a white police officer
* He labeled protesters ‘THUGS’ and said ‘when the looting starts, the shootings starts,’ as he threatened to take federal control of the city
* Several hours later, Twitter slapped a warning label over the tweet saying that it ‘violated the Twitter Rules about glorifying violence’
* The tweet is still accessible to the American public, but it has to be clicked into after users read the warning label
* The move comes one day after the president signed an executive order, which was a direct response to Twitter fact-checking two of his tweets about voting
Twitter flagged President Trump’s tweet saying it was ‘glorifying violence’ for a second time after the official White House account reposted it Friday morning.
‘These THUGS are dishonoring the memory of George Floyd, and I won’t let that happen. Just spoke to Governor Tim Walz and told him that the Military is with him all the way. Any difficulty and we will assume control but, when the looting starts, the shooting starts. Thank you!’ the tweet read.
There’s been chaos in the Minnesota city since a white police officer took the life of a black man, George Floyd, by kneeing him in the neck until he stopped breathing.
Trump initially posted it from his @realDonaldTrump account at 1 a.m. Friday.
The company attached a warning label to the tweet saying that it violated the rules.
When the president woke up Friday morning, he began angrily attacking Twitter.
Read more ….
WNU Editor: Twitter is targeting President Trump again, and you have to wonder if a double-standard is at play. There were many riots when President Obama was in the White House, and his language against the rioters were also at times very tough and uncompromising …. Twitter Accuses Trump of ‘Glorifying Violence’ in Tweet That Sounds a Lot Like Obama in 2015 (PJ Media).
Twitter warns about Trump tweet ‘glorifying violence’ — AP
Twitter hides Trump tweet for ‘glorifying violence’ — Reuters
Twitter hides Trump tweet on Minneapolis unrest for ‘glorifying violence’ — France 24
Donald Trump: Twitter hides tweet for ‘glorifying violence’ — DW
Twitter hides Trump tweet for ‘glorifying violence’ — BBC
Twitter blocks WHITE HOUSE tweet for ‘glorifying violence’ after it reposts Trump warning from official government account — RT
Trump calls Minneapolis protesters ‘thugs,’ vows action — AP
Donald Trump threatens to send in troops amid Minneapolis riots sparked by death of George Floyd — ABC News Online
Twitter has more tools to use against Trump, if it chooses — France 24