President Trump on Friday night found a loophole around his Twitter ban by using the @POTUS account. The tweets claimed that he may set up his own social media platform but were quickly deleted again
* President Trump on Friday night found a loophole around his Twitter ban by using the @POTUS account
* He claimed that he may set up his own platform and accused Twitter of working with ‘Radical Left and Dems’ to silence him – just before the new tweets were swiftly deleted
* Trump’s Twitter account has been permanently banned, the company announced in a blog post on Friday
* The social media giant said it was due to the risk it would be used for ‘further incitement to violence’ * It came after hundreds of Twitter employees wrote a letter to CEO Jack Dorsey calling for action
* Trump’s account had 88.7million followers before being hit with an ‘account suspended’ note
* His followers represent nearly half of the company’s total base of monetizable daily active users
* Within an hour of the announcement, Twitter stock had fallen 3.8% and continued to drop
* Former national security adviser Michael Flynn and attorney Sidney Powell – two Trump loyalists – were also permanently banned by Twitter earlier on Friday
* And the YouTube account for Steve Bannon’s ‘War Room’ podcast was ‘terminated for a violation of YouTube’s Terms of Service’ after the platform previously warned about accounts spreading election misinformation
Donald Trump on Friday night found his way around a permanent Twitter ban by using the official account for the President of the United States before his tweets were swiftly deleted.
He urged his supporters to ‘STAY TUNED!’ as he claimed that Twitter is working with ‘Radical Left and Dems’ to silence him and to silence those who voted for him.
‘As I have been saying for a long time, Twitter has gone further and further in banning free speech, and tonight, Twitter employees have coordinated with the Democrats and the Radical Left in removing my account from their platform, to silence me — and YOU, the 75,000,000 great patriots who voted for me,’ he wrote.
WNU Editor: We all knew this was going to happen. Many in Washington (and their allies) are terrified of President Trump. They are now doing everything in their power to silence him.
I also expect this censorship will not stop with President Trump.
I will not be surprised if in the coming months Twitter starts to purge accounts that it will decide to be unfit. And it does not stop with Twitter. Facebook has already started to downgrade/suspend accounts that it politically disagrees with. Even Rush Limbaugh’s account has been hit …. Badge of Honor: Facebook Throttles the EIB Network (Rush Limbaugh).
One more reason why these tech and social media companies must lose their legal protections.
More News On Twitter Permanently Suspending President Trumps’ Account