Update: U.S. Covid-19 deaths reaching 500,000 …. WIDER IMAGE-‘I just ask God to help me’: Texas funeral home crushed by death as U.S. COVID toll nears 500,000 (Reuters).
* Andy Slavitt appeared stumped on MSNBC on Wednesday when asked to explain
* His comments come as a new study from The New York Times shows that about 512,000 more people have died since March than would have in a normal year
* California Gov. Gavin Newsom, a Democrat, has put some of the strictest measures in place to combat the coronavirus pandemic
* Florida’s Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis has done nearly the opposite
* But the states’ rates of infection for coronavirus are similar – right around 8.5%
White House coronavirus adviser Andy Slavitt appeared stumped on Wednesday when asked to explain why California and Florida, which had very different methods of combating COVID-19, have similar trends in COVID-19 cases and deaths.
Slavitt told MSNBC that the virus was still very unpredictable and ‘a little bit beyond our explanation.’ In California, a little more than 8.5% of the population has been infected; in Florida, it’s a little less.
WNU Editor: And he is the White House expert.