Daily Mail: Dr. Fauci goes into ‘modified quarantine’ and two other members of the White House coronavirus taskforce including the CDC director begin two weeks of self-isolation after they were exposed to staffer who tested positive
* Fauci, nation’s top infectious diseases expert, will begin ‘modified quarantine’
* He came into ‘low risk’ contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19
* Robert Redfield, director of CDC, said he will be ‘teleworking next two weeks’
* Redfield had a ‘low-risk exposure’ to someone at White House who had virus
* Stephen Hahn, commissioner of the FDA, will also self-quarantine
* Hahn reportedly came into contact with Katie Miller, Pence’s press secretary
* Miller, wife of Trump adviser Stephen Miller, tested positive for COVID-19
* Ivanka Trump’s personal assistant also tested positive for coronavirus
* DHS report states that 11 Secret Service employees tested positive for COVID-19
Three members of President Trump’s coronavirus task force, including Dr. Anthony Fauci, said they will self-quarantine on Saturday after coming into contact with someone who had tested positive for COVID-19, according to a spokesman and media reports.
Fauci, the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, told CNN on Saturday that he will begin a ‘modified quarantine’ after coming into ‘low risk’ contact with someone who tested positive for COVID-19.
Director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Robert Redfield ‘will be teleworking for the next two weeks’ after a ‘low-risk exposure’ on Wednesday to a person at the White House who has the disease, The Washington Post reported on Saturday, citing a spokesman.
Read more ….
WNU Editor: It was only a matter of time. This disease is incredibly infectious. Cannot say that I am surprised that these officials may have been exposed.
Three key U.S. coronavirus officials in self-quarantine after COVID-19 exposure: reports — Reuters
2 members of White House virus task force in quarantine — AP
FDA director self quarantines after contact with individual who tested positive for coronavirus — CNBC
FDA chief self-quarantines after coming in contact with individual who tested positive for coronavirus — CNN
Robert Redfield, CDC director, to self-quarantine after exposure to person at the White House who tested positive for Covid-19 — CNN
Fauci to begin ‘modified quarantine’ — CNN
Fauci joins CDC chief on growing White House quarantine list — NBC
Top health officials self-quarantine after exposure to person with coronavirus — Axios