Yaqui for Borderland Beat from: PorEste!
See my original Post for more on “La Beky”: here
The State Prosecutor’s Office confirms that the death toll of Friday’s attack in the Minatitlan massacre of the family of “La Beky” is 13.
The tensions are increasing before a few hours of the scheduled visit that President Andrés Manuel López Obrador (AMLO) will make to the State today.
Mexico City, April 20 from SinEmbargo:
It is confirmed that the number of fatalities left by the attack that occurred on Friday night in a palapa party hall in Minatitlan, Veracruz, is 13. The massacre took place at La Potra Palapa on Primero de Mayo street where the family of “La Beky” had gathered. She was the target of the attack.
Warning: graphic images on next page:
In the early morning it had been thought that Marcos Aurelio Davis Barrera had died, which would bring the death toll to 14; he actually is still fighting for his life and is in the PEMEX hospital.
Through the social networks, the relatives are asking the population for blood donations.
At 10 pm on Saturday, the Veracruz Prosecutor’s Office adjusted the death toll in the Minatitlán massacre and offered “expeditious justice.”
The State Prosecutor’s Office (FGE) of Veracruz confirmed that there were 13 victims, including a young child, after the slaughter by the armed commando at a party in Minatitlán and not 14, as it was broadcast this Saturday in the national media.
“The bodies were surveyed and then the legal autopsy reports were performed, accounting for a total of 13 deaths up to now,” he said in a statement.
According to the agency, experts assigned to the South Coatzacoalcos Delegation carried out the expert investigations according to the law, with the objective of securing the property where the crimes occurred and of declaring the pertinent protection measures.
He also said that so far they have collected eighteen interviews with relatives and neighbors of the place, and that three separate visual inspections were conducted.
“Experts assigned to this judicial demarcation carry out ballistic dictates to determine the type of weapon used. They have been tested for sodium rhodizonate, Walker and expert identification,” said the FGE.
He also stressed that he works in coordination with prosecutors, experts and the Ministerial Police, who exhaust the investigative acts that lead to the clarification of the event, such as the collection of audiovisual material that could help identify the alleged aggressors.
“All possible access and exit routes were inspected,” he concluded.
On Friday, around 9:00 p.m., a group of armed men attacked a restaurant where a familial gathering was taking place in the Obrera neighborhood in Minatitlán, with the objective of taking the subject, identified as “El Beky”/ “LaBeky” however, those present tried to prevent it, for which they were attacked and shot dead with firearms. They assailants opened fire on everyone present.
“The incident took place in Leona Vicario street, in the Obrera neighborhood, when people arrived at the place asking for a person known as “La Beky”, when they carried out the detonations, depriving seven men, five women and one minor, and leaving three men and one woman injured, “the Public Security Secretariat of the State of Veracruz reported in a statement.
Derived from these facts, the Secretariat of Security and Citizen Protection (SSPC), under Alfonso Durazo, informed through his Twitter account that the Federal Forces are working together with Veracruz authorities to deploy a search and capture operation of those responsible.
“In the face of the reprehensible events that occurred in Minatitlán, Veracruz, and its balance of victims that beguiles us all, the Federal Forces are from the start, in support of state agencies, deploying a search operation and capture of those responsible” , said the agency.
Derived from the attack, elements of the Army, Secretary of the Navy and state police arrived at the site to set up a safeguard operation for the survivors, as well as to start searching for those responsible.
Prior to the scheduled visit that President Andrés Manuel López Obrador will make to the State tomorrow, the tension increases. According to reports, the Mexican president will arrive tomorrow to commemorate the US invasion of the Port of Veracruz on April 21, 1913 and on Monday he will hold a national security meeting and a press conference.
In addition to the attack in Minatitlán, in recent months the population has witnessed a political dispute between the National Regeneration Movement (MORENA), López Obrador’s party, and the National Action Party (PAN), which until December last year governed the State.
Thus, Sunday and Monday, the President will be on tour in Veracruz; unofficially it is already leaked that the Federal Executive will announce that he will send 3,000 troop federal reinforcements -between Mexican Marines and Mexican Army- to contain the wave of violence in the Entity.
After the attack, Veracruz authorities implemented an operation to find those responsible for the events, today, through a statement, the State Government reported that since last night elements of different corporations were deployed to find those responsible.
In addition, he stressed that “during the first hours of this day, state and federal officials who make up the Mesa for the Construction of Peace Veracruz, headed by Governor Cuitláhuac García Jiménez, have held two security meetings to follow up on the search operation and capture of those responsible. “