A Taliban flag was painted on the walls outside the former US embassy in Kabul, Afghanistan, photos show
* The flag is believed to have been painted in the past few days
* The embassy had been abandoned by US diplomats since the August 15 when the city fell to the militants
* Operations at the embassy have since been moved to Doha, Qatar and are largely focused on processing immigrant visas
* The development comes as the Taliban consolidated its hold over the country announcing on Monday that it had crushed the last pockets of resistance
* Debate was also ongoing regarding whether a hostage crises was developing at Mazar-i-Sharif airport, where the Taliban were blocking charter flights
* There, reports have emerged that the Taliban were stopping dozens of Americans from fleeing the country
A Taliban flag was painted on the walls outside the former US embassy in Kabul, Afghanistan, new photos show.
The flag appeared to have been painted in the past few days, and was shared by photojournalist Jake Simkin on Monday.
The embassy was abandoned by US diplomats on August 15 as the city fell to the militant group amid America’s chaotic withdrawal from the country.
Read more ….
WNU Editor: The $750 million dollar U.S. embassy is abandoned. So is anyone using it?