* Iranian general Esmail Ghaani made the threat on Monday in an interview with the country’s state television
* He vowed revenge for the U.S. killing of top Iranian general Qassem Soleimani
* Soleimani’s daughter, Zeinab, directly threatened an attack on the U.S. military, saying their families ‘will spend their days waiting for death of their children’
* It comes as Tehran abandoned the remaining limits of its 2015 nuclear deal with world powers in response to the slaying
* Separately, Iraq’s parliament has called for the expulsion of all American troops from Iraqi soil
* Adding to the tensions, President Trump threatened to demand billions of dollars in compensation from Iraq or impose sanctions
An Iranian general who replaced Qassem Soleimani after he was killed by the U.S. airstrike has vowed to take revenge as the slain leader’s daughter swears death to the families of American soldiers.
Esmail Ghaani’s threat on Monday in an interview with Iranian state television comes as part of the fallout over the U.S. killing of the top Iranian general.
‘God the almighty has promised to get his revenge, and God is the main avenger. Certainly actions will be taken,’ he said.
Read more ….
Iran general replacing Soleimani vows revenge for US killing — AP
Iranian general Soleimani’s replacement vows revenge for US killing — ABC News Online
Soleimani replacement suggested Iran sent weapons and missiles to Palestinians — Jewish News
Iran General Steps Out of Soleimani’s Shadow to Lead Proxies — USA Today/AP
Esmail Ghaani replaces Qassem Soleimani as leader of Iran’s Quds Force — CBC/AP
Iran: Hardliner General Esmail Ghaani Known For Extremist Opposition To Israel To Replace Soleimani As Quds Chief — Swarajyamag
Iran Has Already Replaced Soleimani, Here Is Everything We Know About Esmail Ghaani — Haaretz/AP