Daily Mail: PM plunges England back into March-style lockdown: Schools are shut as public are told again to Stay Home, Save Lives and Protect the NHS until at least the end of February – IF vaccine roll-out succeeds
* Boris Johnson has announced a dramatic new national lockdown for England as mutant Covid strain spreads
* All primary and secondary schools to shut tomorrow for all but the vulnerable and children of key workers
* Non-essential retail will close across the country along with hospitality unless they can serve takeaway
* Takeaway alcohol sales will not be permitted in a bid to stop people congregating in the streets with drinks
* GCSE and A-Level exams look set to be largely cancelled with final replacement plans due later this week
* People will only be allowed to leave home for five specific reasons as in the previous lockdown in March
Boris Johnson plunged England into a national lockdown in some ways even more brutal than last March tonight in a desperate bid to keep the mutant coronavirus at bay while vaccines are rolled out.
Just a day after he urged parents to send their children back, PM declared in a sombre address from No10 that primary and secondary schools will be shut from tomorrow until at least February half-term, with only the vulnerable and offspring of key workers allowed to go in.
More News On The UK Under A New Complete Lockdown