* President Donald Trump said he will announce his nominee to the Supreme Court on Saturday at the White House
* Trump has enough Republican support to get his pick confirmed this year
* Senator Mitt Romney – the last remaining Republican holdout – said he would back the president and vote for a Supreme Court nominee in an election year
* South Carolina Sen Lindsey Graham expressed confidence in Trump’s chances of rushing through a Supreme Court pick in an interview Monday
* It came after Iowa Sen Chuck Grassley and Colorado Sen Cory Gardner confirmed that they will back a hearing for Trump’s nominee
* Trump has said he is ‘strongly considering’ four or five women to take over Ruth Bader Ginsburg’s seat following her death last week
* Amy Coney Barrett is said to be the frontrunner after she met with the president at the White House on Monday
* Sources say Barbara Lagoa is a ‘distant second’ but Trump plans to meet with her
President Donald Trump said he will announce his nominee to the Supreme Court on Saturday at the White House after securing enough Republican votes in the Senate to confirm his pick this year.
‘I will be announcing my Supreme Court Nominee on Saturday, at the White House! Exact time TBA,’ Trump tweeted on Tuesday morning.
His announcement came as Senator Mitt Romney – the last remaining Republican holdout – said he would back the president and vote for a nominee in an election year.
‘I intend to follow the Constitution and precedent in considering the president’s nominee. If the nominee reaches the Senate floor, I intend to vote based upon their qualifications,’ Romney said in a statement.
Read more ….
WNU Editor: There is going to be a three day Senate hearing on this nomination. Unless something new happens, this nomination will be approved before election day …. Graham says GOP-controlled Senate has enough votes to confirm SCOTUS nominee (NYPost).
Romney backs pre-election Supreme Court vote, paving way for McConnell, Trump — The Hill
Romney Backs Vote on Trump Court Pick, Clearing Way for Action — Bloomberg
Mitt Romney says he supports moving ahead with Trump Supreme Court nominee — FOX News
Mitt Romney backing of Supreme Court vote paves way for election-year confirmation — CNN