* New Air Force One jets are due in 2024 and Trump wants a different paint job
* He showed off a red, white and blue color scheme in the Oval Office
* It would replace the 57-year-old livery that Jackie Kennedy dreamed up with an industrial designer the year before her husband was assassinated
* That design didn’t include any red, the color of the Republican Party
* Democrats in Congress are trying to hamstring Trump’s ability to micromanage the details
* His favored colors look more like his own private plane than like the current presidential aircraft
President Donald Trump revealed his design this week for a new Air Force One, showing off a set of drawings in the Oval Office that replace the Kennedy-era light blue paint job with a more masculine red, white and black.
The current livery is dominated by blue, the color of the Democratic Party. Trump’s re-do has splashes of Republican red.
The result resembles the color scheme of Trump’s personal Boeing 757, which 2016 campaign crowds called ‘Trump Force One.’
‘We had different choices, here,’ Trump told ABC News, saying that he had come up with the design concepts himself. Artists’ renderings show variations in the color of the engines and the depth of the underbelly’s dark tones.
Read more ….
WNU editor: I prefer the current paint job.
Trump reveals historic redesign of Air Force One: EXCLUSIVE — ABC News
Trump just unveiled his plan for Air Force One’s new paint job, and it looks a lot like his private jet — Business Insider
Trump shares renderings of red, white and blue Air Force One — The Hill
Trump unveils plans for new Air Force One paint job — Politico
Trump unveils historic change for next Air Force One — UPI
Trump unveils plans for Air Force One redesign — NYPost
This Is What Trump Wants the Next Air Force One to Look Like — Jalopnik
President Trump Just Unveiled His New Air Force One Paint Job — The Drive