* ‘Eye-opening’ Pentagon war games revealed the US is vulnerable to China and an attack from the superpower would lead to the US ‘suffering capital losses’
* US defense sources told The Times that one Pentagon simulation based on the year 2030 resulted in the US being overwhelmed by the nation’s force
* Every US base in the Indo-Pacific Command region is considered to be at risk of attack now with the US island territory Guam a particular concern
* Taiwan is the ‘most volatile issue’ between the two nations, sources said
* A source said the Pentagon is developing more hypersonic weapons and arming marine units along China’s seas with anti-ship missiles in preparation
* The worrying analysis is expected to come to light in the Pentagon’s 2020 China military power report this summer
* Tensions between the US and China have escalated in recent months as the coronavirus pandemic has ravaged the globe
The US would lose a war with China fought in the Pacific, is unable to defend Taiwan from an invasion and fears the Guam military base is at risk now, US defense sources have warned.
‘Eye-opening’ Pentagon war games have revealed growing fears the US is vulnerable to threats from China and that any attack would lead to the US ‘suffering capital losses’, the sources said.
The worrying analysis is expected to come to light in the Pentagon’s 2020 China military power report this summer.
The stark warning comes as tensions continue to mount between the two nations after US President Donald Trump has blasted China’s handling of the coronavirus pandemic and repeatedly suggested the nation lied about the extent of its crisis.
Read more ….
Update: ‘US would lose any war with China in Pacific’ (The Australian/The Times)
WNU Editor: If nuclear weapons are not used, a U.S.-Sino war will last a long time. I know Chinese war planners are confident that China will be able to consolidate its gains in a short war because they believe the U.S. will acquiesce to their demands. Many in China feel confident that the U.S. will not have the stomach for a prolonged conflict. I think this would be a terrible mistake. The Japanese felt the same way before Pearl Harbour, and we know how that ended. The Chinese are also underestimating the alliances that the U.S. has build over the decades. They are not going to be passive if they see China conquering countries and waging war. My prediction. If nuclear weapons are not used (and that is a big if), China will win the initial battles, but they will lose the war.