* Recent polling suggests Europeans are turning away from the US under President Donald Trump’s leadership.
* Public opinion toward America has declined in major European countries since the start of the coronavirus pandemic.
* Seventy-six percent of Germans in a new poll said their view of America had deteriorated because of the crisis.
* Roughly equal numbers of Germans in the poll favored maintaining close relationships with China and the US in a head-to-head matchup.
* One poll last week found that just 2% of French people trusted Trump to provide world leadership.
* China is exerting growing political, diplomatic, and financial power across Europe.
President Donald Trump is presiding over the deterioration of the US’s position on the world stage as European countries increasingly look toward China as a future global leader.
This shift is apparent in a series of recent opinion polls that found European sentiment toward the US to be in decline since the start of the coronavirus pandemic.
New polling published in Germany this week found that an overwhelming majority of Germans said they had a worse opinion of the US because of the pandemic.
The survey found that 76% of Germans said their view of the US had deteriorated because of the pandemic, compared with 36% who said the same of China.
Read more ….
WNU Editor: If Europe thinks that embracing China is their future …. they are going to be in for a big and unpleasant surprise.