Iran-Backed Militias In Iraq Announce A ‘Conditional’ Cease-Fire Against U.S. Forces

USA World
Mohi said the firing of rockets at US forces and diplomatic compounds had been merely ‘a message that you’re not welcome in the country’ [File: Alaa al-Marjani/Reuters] 
(Reuters) – An array of Iran-backed Iraqi militia groups have suspended rocket attacks on U.S. forces on condition that Iraq’s government present a timetable for the withdrawal of American troops, one of the groups said on Sunday. 
A spokesman for Kataib Hezbollah, one of the most powerful Iran-backed militia groups in Iraq, said the groups were presenting no set deadline, but that if U.S. troops “insisted on staying” they would unleash much more violent attacks. 
Washington, which is slowly reducing its 5,000 troops in Iraq, threatened last month to shut its embassy unless the Iraqi government reins in Iran-aligned militias that have attacked U.S. interests with rockets and roadside bombs. 
 More News On Iran-Backed Militias In Iraq Announcing A ‘Conditional’ Cease-Fire Against U.S. Forces