* Almost a dozen F-22 Raptors have landed at al-Udeid air base in Qatar, a hub for U.S. military operations in the Middle East
* The stealth fighters can hit ground targets too and were used in Syria last year
* Move comes amid rising tensions with Iran but after Trump called off air strikes at the last minute, in the wake of country downing a U.S. Navy spy drone
* Trump also faced vote in the Senate to end two authorizations of military force which he could have used to strike Iran
* Senators voted 50-40 against the measure but four Republicans backed Democrats in voting to remove the power
* Mitch McConnell called it ‘Trump derangement syndrome’ but it comes amid mounting calls for Congress to end almost unlimited presidential war powers
Nearly a dozen Air Force F-22 stealth fighters have deployed to the Persian Gulf state of Qatar, part of a force buildup requested by U.S. Central Command in May in response to what it called heightened Iranian threats against American forces in the region.
The Air Force arm of U.S. Central Command on Friday said the F-22 Raptors arrived this week at al-Udeid air base to ‘defend American forces and interests.’
It posted to its website photos of several F-22s arriving there on Thursday and said this is the first time F-22s have deployed to al-Udeid, which is a hub for U.S. air operations in the Middle East.
Read more ….
Additional US fighter planes sent to Gulf amid Iran tensions — AP
US sends F-22 fighters to Middle East amid tensions with Iran — CNN
F-22s Deploy to Qatar for the First Time Amid Iran Tensions — Military.com
Pentagon deploys Raptors to Qatar amid Iran tensions — Stars and Stripes
F-22 Raptors Deploy To Qatar For The First Time Ever Amid Iran Tensions — Warzone/The Drive
US Air Force F-22 stealth fighters have returned to the Middle East amid a tense standoff with Iran — Business Insider
US sends more stealth fighters to Persian Gulf, as Iran tension simmers — RT