* Major ISIS target, believed to be Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, reportedly killed in Syria
* Between 50 and 70 members of the US Army Delta Force and Rangers flew in on six helicopters and conducted Sunday’s overnight raid in Syria’s Idlib province
* Al-Baghdadi is believed to have detonated a suicide vest as forces closed in
* Unverified video showed the moment he was killed, along with his three children
* President Donald Trump held a morning press conference on Sunday and confirmed al-Baghdadi ‘died like a dog’ in the extended firefight
* Defense Secretary Mark Esper said there were two minor injuries to US soldiers after Trump indicated that a US K-9 was injured
* Al-Baghdadi issued a chilling call to arms in 2014 declaring an Islamic ‘caliphate’
* Under his leadership, smaller-scale higher-frequency attacks became the norm
* Trump said Al-Baghdadi was surveilled for a few weeks before the raid
ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi was killed when he detonated a suicide vest as US Army Special Ops forces closed in on his hideout in northwestern Syria.
Between 50 and 70 members of the US Army Delta Force and Rangers flew in on six helicopters and surrounded al-Baghdadi during the overnight raid in Syria’s Idlib province, an official source told Fox News.
Details about the raid are still emerging as officials conduct biometric tests on evidence collected from the site.
An unverified video reportedly showed the moment al-Baghdadi was killed, along with his three children.
Read more ….
Trump describes daring US raid as like ‘a movie’ — France 24
Defense secretary offers more details on military raid in Syria, al-Baghdadi’s death — ABC News
IS leader Baghdadi arrived at area of U.S. raid 48 hours beforehand : Turkish official — Reuters
Iraqi intelligence paved way for Baghdadi raid – intelligence official — Reuters
ISIS leader ‘dead’: Dramatic blast footage claims to show moment US Special Ops forces ‘blitzed Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi’s Syrian lair as he detonated his own suicide vest’ — Daily Mail
Delta Force’s A-Squadron kills ISIS leader Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi — Washington Examiner
Kurdish commander: ‘Historic’ Baghdadi op was result of joint intel work with US — Times of Israel
Kurds claim role in U.S. operation believed to have killed ISIS leader — Euronews/NBC
Videos Emerge From Reported Site of Jihadi Leader al-Baghdadi’s Death — Sputnik