Deaths have continued to remain relatively flat with 29 recorded on Tuesday and a seven-day rolling average of 274, 6.6% from the average of 257 recorded three weeks prior
Daily Mail: More than half of California is under mask mandate again as hospitalizations jump 62% to highest levels since March – while Indian ‘Delta’ variant cases across the country jump 244% in last 3 weeks
* At least 17 counties in California – making up more than half of the state’s residents – are urging residents to wear masks indoors
* It comes as they all see an increase in cases and California has seen infections rise to 5,063 per day, a 160% increase from 1,946 two weeks ago
* On Tuesday, Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot suggested she may masks mandatory like Los Angeles County as cases increase 164% in a month from 34 per day to 90 per day
* The surge is blamed on the Indian ‘Delta’ variant, which has been spreading in areas even with high vaccination rates
* The U.S. recorded 42,706 new cases on Tuesday with a seven-day rolling average of 37,056, which is a 244% from the 10,771 average recorded three weeks ago
* Deaths have continued to remain relatively flat with 29 recorded on Tuesday and a seven-day rolling average of 274, 6.6% from the average of 257 recorded three weeks prior
More than half of Californians are being urged to wear masks indoors – regardless of vaccination status – as the Indian ‘Delta’ Covid variant continues to wreak havoc across the U.S.
At least 17 counties in the Golden State – home to 56 percent of residents – are asking people to wear face coverings in places such as grocery stores and movie theaters, reported The Los Angeles Times.
Just one of those counties, Los Angeles County, is requiring masks to be worn in these public settings.
Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot warned on Tuesday that she might do the same as infections continue to rise in the city.
It comes as the U.S. recorded 42,706 new cases on Tuesday with a seven-day rolling average of 37,056, which is a 244 percent increase from the 10,771 average recorded three weeks ago.
Read more ….
Covid-19 Pandemic In The U.S. — News Updates July 21, 2021