Scores of soldiers were killed in heavy clashes between Armenian and Azerbaijani forces despite calls for a ceasefire.
The two sides continued to attack each other with rockets and missiles.
Armenian and Azerbaijani armed forces were locked in intense warfare over the disputed Nagorno-Karabakh province on Saturday. Armenia said it would use “all necessary means” to protect ethnic Armenian from Azerbaijani forces, in the conflict that has already claimed over 230 lives.
Armenia-backed separatist forces had thwarted a “massive attack” by Azerbaijan and begun a counter-offensive, Armenian defense ministry spokeswoman Shushan Stepanyan said. “Heavy fighting is ongoing,” she added, saying that three planes had been shot down.
Azerbaijan denied the shooting down of planes. President Ilham Aliyev said his country’s army ”raised the flag” in the town of Madagiz and taken seven villages.
WNU Editor: Armenia was caught by surprised by this Azerbaijan invasion. They are losing this war.
Armenia – Azerbaijan War News Updates — October 3, 2020